Sunday, March 22, 2009

"I'm Rich! I Quit!!"

Hahaha, well not quite. But I AM officially in business now on etsy! I've sold two of my journals in a matter of 24 hours and I'm super excited!! I'm hoping it's just a sign of what's to come.

On Thursday, after I got home from work, I changed out of my work clothes just as I normally do (there's something totally stifling about "business casual") crawled into bed with my laptop, checked my email and my etsy shop, posted on some forums, and after seeing that there wasn't a whole lot going on, I drifted into dreamland for about 45 minutes. I woke up and as I was getting dinner prepared my sister (Hi Jen!) called me and said "You sold something??" and I said, "I did!?!?!" Hahaha. Sure enough my "I'm a hoot" sold to someone in Brooklyn. I. WAS. THRILLED. Followed immediately by thoughts of, "Oh crap, now what do I do??" I cannot tell you enough about how fabulous the Etsy community is and how great and supportive the forums are. I just posted a question about shipping in the forums and within minutes I had not only answers to my questions but also plenty of "Woohoo!", "Congratulations!", and "Okay, breathe. You'll be able to figure this out...". They are so wonderful!

I went to bed that night even more fired up. I woke up on Friday, got myself to my day job(begrudgingly) and signed on to etsy to find I had yet ANOTHER sale overnight. This one, my black textured heart journal, was on its way to Australia! I'm international baby! Hahaha. So much fun!

Even more fun was experimenting with packaging. I came up with simple, but cute, way to package my journals and make each purchase look like a little personalized gift. Because who doesn't like to get presents in the mail?? (hint: send me presents)

Keep an eye on my Etsy Shop as I'll be adding more journals soon. I just added 3 new ones today, and should have at least one more added tomorrow as well. I also have ordered more of the small 6" journals as well as some larger sketchbooks with more pages!

WOO!

1 comment: