... when it comes to random, obscure, and usually poorly-made movies and TV shows that I remember watching as a child and/or were obsessed with. And when I say random, I mean
random. I think this can be attributed to a number of things:
- I was a very imaginative child so little bits and pieces of movies caught my attention and stuck with me.
- I didn't really have a limit on television-watching hours (haha, thanks Mom and Dad!)
- When I liked a movie, I watched it over and over and over and over and....
- I still do #3 (can you say "Dumb and Dumber"?)
- I am a freak of nature (please see post title)
I just got done watching
"The Monster Squad" (circa 1987- classic). Usually I bring this movie up to people I get to know and they have no clue what I'm talking about when I mention virgins chanting in German and melting down mom's silverware to make bullets (these are examples of those little bits and pieces that stick with me, mentioned in #1 above). I work with some of the coolest people alive (
Shoutout to the DBDR and the Notorious B.I.G. Room! lol), and when I mentioned this movie I mostly got "huh?"s and "I have no idea what you're talking about"s. But low and behold! My work pal, Dana, chimed in with "Oh my God! I have that on DVD!".....
Excellent. It was just as good (and by good, I mean TERRIBLY corny) as I remembered it and it has been added to the list of movies I can't believe I was ever allowed to watch as a child (again,
Thanks Mom and Dad! haha). I thought I'd continue with a little list of TV Shows or Movies that I remember loving as a child that most people I know have never heard of. Believe me, this is in no way me bragging that I know these movies. It's more of a confession that I ever watched such horrendous crap, over and over again, and even worse-
gasp!- that I actually enjoyed it. :)
- Drop Dead Fred (movie)
- The Monster Squad (movie)
- Rags to Riches (TV Show)
- Fuzzbucket (TV Movie?)
- The Peanut Butter Solution
- Mac and Me (movie)
- Mannequin (movie)
- You Can't Do That on Television (TV show)
- The Wizard (movie)
- Walk Like a Man (movie)
- Little Monsters (movie)
- Follow That Bird (movie)
Be warned: As more randomness comes to me I will be adding to this list.... told you I was a freak! :P
Just thought of another...Rescue 911! :)
ReplyDeleteMy kids watched Grease 15 times.i finally refused to pay their way any more,,,before viseos of course..
ReplyDelete