Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Might Be a Freak Of Nature...

... when it comes to random, obscure, and usually poorly-made movies and TV shows that I remember watching as a child and/or were obsessed with. And when I say random, I mean random. I think this can be attributed to a number of things:
  1. I was a very imaginative child so little bits and pieces of movies caught my attention and stuck with me.
  2. I didn't really have a limit on television-watching hours (haha, thanks Mom and Dad!)
  3. When I liked a movie, I watched it over and over and over and over and....
  4. I still do #3 (can you say "Dumb and Dumber"?)
  5. I am a freak of nature (please see post title)
I just got done watching "The Monster Squad" (circa 1987- classic). Usually I bring this movie up to people I get to know and they have no clue what I'm talking about when I mention virgins chanting in German and melting down mom's silverware to make bullets (these are examples of those little bits and pieces that stick with me, mentioned in #1 above). I work with some of the coolest people alive (Shoutout to the DBDR and the Notorious B.I.G. Room! lol), and when I mentioned this movie I mostly got "huh?"s and "I have no idea what you're talking about"s. But low and behold! My work pal, Dana, chimed in with "Oh my God! I have that on DVD!".....Excellent. It was just as good (and by good, I mean TERRIBLY corny) as I remembered it and it has been added to the list of movies I can't believe I was ever allowed to watch as a child (again, Thanks Mom and Dad! haha). I thought I'd continue with a little list of TV Shows or Movies that I remember loving as a child that most people I know have never heard of. Believe me, this is in no way me bragging that I know these movies. It's more of a confession that I ever watched such horrendous crap, over and over again, and even worse- gasp!- that I actually enjoyed it. :)
  1. Drop Dead Fred (movie)
  2. The Monster Squad (movie)
  3. Rags to Riches (TV Show)
  4. Fuzzbucket (TV Movie?)
  5. The Peanut Butter Solution
  6. Mac and Me (movie)
  7. Mannequin (movie)
  8. You Can't Do That on Television (TV show)
  9. The Wizard (movie)
  10. Walk Like a Man (movie)
  11. Little Monsters (movie)
  12. Follow That Bird (movie)
Be warned: As more randomness comes to me I will be adding to this list.... told you I was a freak! :P

2 comments:

  1. Just thought of another...Rescue 911! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids watched Grease 15 times.i finally refused to pay their way any more,,,before viseos of course..

    ReplyDelete