Friday, February 13, 2009

FRIDAY FAVORITES!

In honor of my new found OBSESSION with Etsy I decided to start a new weekly blog post called "Friday Favorites". Each Friday I will post the shops of 4 of my favorite Etsians, usually with some sort of theme attached.


This week, since I'm relatively new at Etsy, I'd like to honor those sellers who have been very successful on the site. These are the people who I've noticed while browsing (and shopping!) who have had a crazy amount of sales, and who have inspired me to keep on keepin' on!

I first discovered this artist when I was browsing the work of fellow painters. I was already in love with etsy but wasn't too sure how I would do as a painter in a world of crafters. I came across the shop of AmyGiacomelli and was first in awe of her beautiful pieces. I, myself, had just started experimenting with the concept of how light looks behind trees and now I had stumbled upon someone who seemed to have mastered it! I then noticed how many sales she had made and there was a refreshing feeling of "Hm, maybe I can do this!"

When I first found this shop on etsy I had one of those "Why didn't I think of that!?" moments. By turning a simple product into a geniusly creative craft, HomeStudio has had over 14,000 sales in less than a year. Made from wooden scrabble letter tiles, each necklace charm is a tiny piece of art that you can wear around your neck. There are so many styles and designs to choose from and the charms themselves are actually quite affordable....BRILLIANT!



3. singlestonetudios
I wanted to show a little hometown-pride so my next pick is a Cincinnati-based shop. I absolutely LOVE this idea! Wall decals are super popular these days, or so I've discovered, and the singlestonestudios shop has so many great styles and ideas to choose from. I think it's a great way to add a little pizazz to your home without having to figure out stencils and wallpaper.



I've really taken to this seller, not only for her beautiful talent and her success, but for her positive attitude and friendly spirit! I first discovered the lillyella shop in the "Quit Your Day Job" section of etsy. She offered great advice and as a newbie I was ready to take it all in. I sent her a message asking for clarification on one little piece of advice and she was so generous and helpful with her response. She was quick to help me out and her way of relating to her customers makes it clear why she has so many fans! Not to mention her fabulously addictive jewelry!




No comments:

Post a Comment