Friday, October 14, 2011

Narrowing Down My Values

I've been working on my Right-Brain Business Plan and as part of the program, I have been narrowing down my core values in terms of my life and my business. This is a great activity for any business owner to gain clarity about what is most important to them and to be sure that their decisions align and support those values as they proceed in their journey.

I started by listing everything that came to mind when I thought of what is important to me. I listed things I enjoy doing, events in my life where I felt most happy or at east, and things that I admire in other people. On the flip side, I also listed things that annoy me, make me uncomfortable, or angry. Then, after I was finished "brain-dumping", I looked over my list and spotted trends. The most prevalent trends became my "values". I then created a small collage about each value so I can come back to them later when I need to refocus.

Here are the cards I created:

C R E A T I V I T Y
 



F I N A N C I A L    S T A B I L I T Y
 

F R E E D O M    O F    T I M E



R E L A T I O N S H I P S  and
C O L L A B O R A T I O N


F U N

 

C O N F I D E N C E



L E A R N I N G     N E W     T H I N G S



P R O F E S S I O N A L I S M

 

Have you narrowed down your values yet? What are they? Do we share some of the same ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment