Monday, September 19, 2011

Currently Obsessed With...

Organization Binders 

Photo property of IHeartOrganizing

I found this article pinned on Pinterest and fell in love with the whole concept of the Organization binder. I have felt a little disorganized and frazzled lately and I find that I waste a lot of time searching for things-- information, papers, documents, phone numbers, whatever. I was totally inspired and ran right out to Target to stock up on supplies to make my own.

You can also find tons of printables online to help you get started. Some are free, and others you have to pay a small fee for, but it's totally worth it!

Here are some of my faves:
  1. Get Buttoned Up
  2. Carolina Clipper
  3. Erin Vale Design
  4. Life...Your Way
  5. I Heart Organizing Etsy Shop
I have begun the process of compiling my binders and I'm pretty excited about it. I will be making THREE binders actually: One for general household management, one for MoKoPo business, and one for my massage business. Be sure to check back and I'll keep you posted on my progress!

Fall Boots

Photo from Zappos.com
I recently purchased the Madden Girl boots shown above from Zappos and I LOVE them! They make me feel so fall-like and they are super versatile. I think tall boots are a wardrobe staple, especially when Autumn weather sets in, and they can be worn with jeans, skirts, dresses, leggings, etc. I can't wait to test out all sorts of styles!

Here are some examples I found so far (all photos via Pinterest):

I like the warm socks peeking out the top!
I love everything about this outfit! Navy dress, belt, cardigan, bright tights-- yes please!
Someone get me a giant cozy sweater, ASAP!
Crockpot Meals
 
Another thing I just LOVE about fall is the food-- warm, hearty, yummy comfort food! One way to enjoy these meals with less hassle is to throw all the ingredients into a crock pot and let it cook itself all day! Just last night, Kyle and I enjoyed a delicious meal of pork chops, roasted red potatoes, and green beans. I put all the ingredients into the crock pot (along with some chicken broth, rosemary, salt and pepper), turned it on low, and let it cook in its own juices all day long. A warm, yummy meal was ready when Kyle got home from work and I got to get other things accomplished all day. Easy Peasy! 

Here are a few crockpot recipes I can't wait to try:

Sleepytime Tea

image by Celestial Seasonings
One little bedtime ritual that Kyle and I have been doing for a while now is having a cup of tea and doing some reading before bed. It is the perfect way to wind down in the evening, get my brain out of work-paint-internet-to-do-list mode, and help my body fall asleep faster. We've tried a couple of different kinds of tea-- regular green tea, fancy pomegranate lemon, ginger, etc. but our favorite is definitely "Sleepytime Tea" by Celestial Seasonings. It's decaf and contains yummy natural ingredients like chamomile, spearrmint, and blackberry leaves. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but all I know is that it does, and very effectively! I fall asleep quicker after my cup of coziness and more noticeably, I have an easier time staying asleep at night. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment