Thursday, April 14, 2011

Right-Brain + Left-Brain = Organizing Fun!

I'm sure it's not hard to believe that I have always been a visual person. For years I've tried to shove my right-brain into the left-brain mold by creating spreadsheets and such. I never keep up with database spreadsheets because the files are hidden away in my computer and "out of sight, out of mind".

I recently discovered the "Right Brain Business Plan" and have fallen in love with its whole concept. Through the RBBIZ Summit I have learned to not only accept my creative, visual side, but to marry it with the organized left-brain side to create perfect harmony and productivity.

I decided to go with this concept in my first project: tackling my inventory. I struggle with keeping track of exactly how many prints I have available in my shop at any given time and have too often made a sale only to immediately think, "Oh crap, I hope I have it in stock!" I decided to create a simple, yet super fun and colorful system that is easy to manage and in plain sight at all times.

I printed mini images of all of my prints so they were easily identifiable. At the top of the chart I posted the print sizes, and under each I put a post-it with the total number I have in stock. When one sells, I simply switch out the number. EASY!


1 comment: