Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday Favorites Retirement Party

Well, it's been a short career, but "Friday Favorites" is retiring and taking a more relaxing job as "Every-Once-In-A-While Extravaganza". I love my fellow etsians just as much as I always have but trying to highlight 4 new artists every week has been difficult to keep up with. So! You will just have to check back "every-once-in-a-while" to see who the newest featured artists will be. (Hint: I will try to make it around the beginning of each month).

So what have I been doing with my time? LOTS! I finally got my studio all set up! I painted the walls (hooray for color!), carried all of my supplies down, hooked up the cable to my mini-TV (all by myself, a la Rosie The Riveter, haha) and have been busy with a new line of hand-painted mini-sketchbooks and notebooks. I plan to buy some bigger sketchbooks as well so keep and eye out for all of those appearing in my Etsy Shop soon!!
Now for a brief "Wa Wa Waaaaa" moment: I did not get into the Summerfair Art Show. Disappointing, yes, but perhaps a bit too ambitious for my first show EVER. I'm a big believer that all things happen for a reason so I'm just going to put the work I did for the show up on Etsy, apply to another upcoming art show, and give it another go. Why quit now? I've only just begun...
Other than that I've also been super busy constantly questioning all aspects of my life- my career, my goals, my hopes, my living situation, my passions, my ideas. Then, once I've settled on an answer to any or all of these topics I completely change my mind and start the questioning process all over again. Those who know me well know that this is how I function (eh hum, Jen!) and my mind-changing is not bound to end any time soon. :)

I've added a few new studio pics, for your viewing pleasure...

No comments:

Post a Comment