Sunday, December 18, 2011

Easy Holiday Party Decorations

Last night Kyle and I threw a small holiday party for our closest friends. It was a great success, especially considering it is a bit of a long drive for most of our guests to get to our house.

Not only did we have lots of fun socializing, eating, dancing like crazy people with the Kinect, and trading silly presents in the White Elephant gift exchange, but Kyle and I had a lot of fun decorating and preparing before the guests even arrived. When we were finished cleaning, putting up decorations, and cooking the food, the whole house was cozier and more festive and we were instantly injected with a bit of holiday cheer.

Ornament given to us by my mom-- Thanks mom! Love it!

Little party favors I put together for our guests. Peppermint Hot Cocoa in a Jar. "Rudolph" Artwork by MoKoPo

Holiday wall display I created for the event but I think I will put up every year. I love how it turned out! The "presents" are just some blank canvases I had lying around in my studio that I wrapped and hung up. The print is actually a FREE printable I found via pinterest and had printed off at Sam's Club. Frame from Michaels. Print by eighteen25 can be found here: Free Subway Art Printable

Super easy pennant banner I made with some scrapbook paper, a hole punch, and some ribbon

Our family stockings

The completed food table. Doesn't it look so cheery and festive! Two of the recipes I made for the evening were this Christmas Wreath Appetizer (topped only with broccoli and red peppers) and this Christmas Tree Appetizer (filled with cream cheese, green onions, and salami instead). Hanging Advent calendar bought on Etsy (shop no longer exists)

One of the fun white elephant gifts that a guest won: a very classy 6-pack of Natty Light in bottles! They were a hit.
 
Are you having a holiday party this year? How are you decorating? Where do you get your ideas? Please share in the Comments Section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment