Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cold Hands Warm Hearts Swap

I was SO excited to participate in this year's Cold Hands, Warm Hearts Swap hosted by Sandy a la Mode and Much Love, Illy! Basically, it is a giant gift exchange among 150 fabulous bloggers from all over the world meant to put us in the holiday spirit, make new friends, and give us the warm and fuzzies.

Who doesn't love a cozy pair of mittens? 
And even more so, who doesn't LOVE to get packages in the mail!?

This year I got paired up with the lovely miss Rebecca from Cotton+Wood! Her blog is super cute and I just love her shop! It's filled with all sorts of handmade cuteness made from fabric and paper. Here are just a few of my faves:

Vintage Storybook Garland-- so magical and cute!
French Garden Tote-- how pretty is that lace??
Sunburst Pillow Cover-- Yes, please! I'll take 100 of them!
See, I told you! Adorbs.

So obviously I was excited to be paired up with someone with such great taste and I was super duper excited to receive my package! So excited in fact, that I ripped it open in a frenzy before I took a picture of what it looked like all tissue papered and packaged (oops). But, I did manage to take some pictures of what was inside and she definitely didn't disappoint-- I love it all!

Festive Christmas Towels:


How cute are these holiday towels?? I actually received my package on the exact same day that we started decorating the house so these went right up to hang on the oven. They make me smile every time I go in the kitchen and kind of make me want to bake a zillion Christmas cookies!

Snazzy Mug:


Okay, I'm totally in love with this mug! It is so "me" it's ridiculous and it's absolutely my new go-to! Kyle and I have a nighttime ritual that is my favorite part of the day-- a cup of tea and reading before bed. This mug fits right in!! (Sidenote: Please excuse my awful nails...it's been a busy month, haha!)

The Mittens!:


These mittens are super versatile and so SO cozy! They are gray knit and not only do they go with everything and keep my always-frozen hands toasty warm...

  ..but they convert to fingerless gloves too! Perfect for all the texting, sketching, writing, blogging, painting, and web-surfing I need to do.

What a great way to start the holiday season and meet a new friend!

Thanks Rebecca-- I love every single bit of it!!
Merry Christmas!


4 comments:

  1. that mug and your gloves are my fave!! LOVE it!! :) thanks for participating in the swap, my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww love all your gifts! Those towels are so festive and the mug is adorable. Plus, the mittens look super cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new gloves! And the festive towels + mug are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a sweet shout-out and so happy you liked your package!! It makes my heart smile. I love that mug, too......!!! :) So glad you it's your new fave.

    ReplyDelete