Sunday, December 4, 2011

Fabulous Sponsor Feature: Orange Panda Designs

As many of you know, I am currently in the middle of wedding planning and one thing I've learned during this process is that in order to make a wedding truly special and unique, it's all about the details! 
 
One such detail is the guest book-- a record you can keep forever that will remind you of the special people who shared your big day with you. These days it's all about personalization, customization, and preserving memories in a way that won't just collect dust on a shelf.  

With that, I am happy to introduce you to one of December's Fabulous Sponsors: Orange Panda Designs!

Hello! Please give us a brief introduction of your lovely self and tell us how you came up with your shop name.

Hi. I’m Danielle and I am the creator and owner of Orange Panda DesignsTM. Orange Panda DesignsTM is a web based company that allows brides to shop, order, and create 24/7. The name came from my two favorite loves, the color orange and Pandas are my FAVORITE animals. I added Designs so my creativity can expand to whatever I want in the future.

What led you to create the products that you create? How did you get started?

My mom is a sewer enthusiasts so I was born with the sewing gene but didn’t really come into sewing until I started to make quilts for my friends. I had entered the baby shower phase of my life and one of my dear friends was having her first child. I decided I would make her a baby quilt instead of buying baby a gift off the registry (as we all do).  

While I was in the baby shower phase, I also got engaged and was planning my own wedding.  I wanted to incorporate my love for quilting into my wedding and so I created the Wedding Photo Signature QuiltTM. Your quilt will combine wedding pictures from your day with signatures of your wedding guest for memories to look at again and again.



What is a typical day like for you?
 
Orange Panda DesignsTM was launched Memorial Day weekend 2011 and since then, my time has been spent getting my name out there whether it’s through Facebook, Twitter, and networking with other wedding vendors.  

What has been the biggest business challenge for you so far?

I will say my biggest challenge has been getting my name out there.  What I offer is a unique idea for brides who are looking to stand out for the crowd. Even though its unique, it may not be for everyone.

What has been the best highlight?

Seeing my idea come to life. Two years ago, it was just an idea I created for my wedding that I have turned into a business. Through dealing with the copyright office and designing the  website, this really has been an incredible experience. I am so proud to share my passion with other brides.

Do you have a favorite product that you create? If so, what is it and why?

Orange Panda DesignsTM is all about the Wedding Photo Signature QuiltTM. The Quilt shows the signatures of the wedding guest along with photos from the couple’s wedding day.  We offer 45 Quilt designs and over 500 fabrics. The Quilt can be coordinated with the theme and/or colors of the day. The possibility for creativity is endless. 

Guests sign around the quilt itself and a wedding photo of the couple is later inserted into the white space in the center! How cute is that??
When you're not creating beautiful quilts, what do you like to do?

I love spending time with my husband, catching up on my DVR, and cooking.

Do you have any favorite blogs?

I am fairly new to blogging so I don’t follow any blogs right now but I have recently created a blog called Fun Bride Tips. Since I have been a bride, I decided to offer a daily fun bride tip to help the brides planning their day. It’s a little bit of fun mixed with some wedding planning realism. Be sure to click on the link below.

What can we look forward to in the future from you and your biz?

I plan to expand the Wedding Photo Signature QuiltTM into baby quilts someday. I also have a huge love for handbags and I would like to create my own handbags as well. So stay tuned everyone.

Where can we find you on the interwebs?


No comments:

Post a Comment