Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Trip To Findlay Market

Shortly before my birthday, Kyle and I decided to take a long-overdue trip to Findlay Market in downtown Cincinnati. Opened in 1855, the market is the oldest continuously operated public markets and one of my hometown's favorite hot spots. I had always heard great things about the vendors and atmosphere of Findlay and since I had never been there before (which is a travesty having lived there for 27 years) I decided to put it on last years "26 Things to Do Before I'm 27" list. Right before my birthday, I got to check it off my list!

Findlay Market Entrance


Kyle enjoying his gyro

Mmmm... hot cinnamon apple cider!

Delicious gyro!

Yummy savory crepe from Taste of Belgium

Me, loving the cider

A close up of my delish veggie crepe

One of the many vendor stands offering scrumptious goodies

The Market is bustling!

Taste of Belgium! Sooo good!

One of our market purchases- Roasted Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese pasta sauce...

... to go on our made-from-scratch fresh pumpkin pasta. HEAVEN!

And to top off a yummy Fall meal, a yummy Fall beverage!
We had such a great day! We will definitely be back to the market soon, but next time we plan to make up a list of items to pick up before we get there. If you're visiting for the first time, the variety can be overwhelming so it's best to have a general idea of what you're looking for beforehand. Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment