Thursday, September 10, 2009

Today in the Studio...

I wanted to post just a couple pics of the new paintings I did in the studio today. Today's work session reminded me of one of the millions of reasons why I love painting-- Happy Accidents! I started out intending to do another painting in the same vein of my "Swirly Tree" and "Treeline" paintings (Bright, vibrant, whimsical, swirls, etc...) After a couple of mistakes and a couple of "paint-overs" I wound up heading down a different road: Monochromatic, strong horizons, and reflections in water. Ta-Daaaa! Stay tuned for some more paintings in this series!

Oh, and leave me some feedback on here! Let me know what you think! :)


2 comments:

  1. Hey hun, just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog. Keep it up! I'll be following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this happy accident :) keep making them ;)

    ReplyDelete