Thursday, December 1, 2011

TEDx Cincinnati Women



I'm so very proud to announce that MoKoPo is a sponsor of the TEDx Cincinnati Women conference! 

For those of you who are not familiar with TED, it is a nonprofit organization devoted to "Ideas Worth Speading". It is a giant collection of the world's greatest thinkers and doers giving motivational and thought-provoking short talks. These talks are video taped and made available for free on the TED website.

TEDx events are independently organized on a local scale but in the same vein as the global TED talks. TEDxCincinnatiWomen, which is taking place this evening, is a bi-coastal event centered around women and women's issues. Not only will there be fabulous speakers and performers here at the Cincinnati site, but there will also be live video streaming from sites in New York City and Los Angeles. How cool is that!? The overarching message is "Live Consciously. Be Authentic. Empower Others."

I was lucky enough to meet event coordinator, Jami Edelheit, at one of my recent Art Shows where she enthusiastically invited me to join the project somehow. She told me she had read my bio and thought that the passion and drive I had toward my artwork, business, and life in general would fit in well with the overall theme of the event. As a strong believer in following your passion and being authentic, I was of course happy to contribute in any way I could. 

Although tonight's event is sold out (and understandably so!) I encourage you to visit the TEDxCincinnati website and sign up for their mailing list for future events and info! I'm already signed up and I'm so SO excited to see what the future holds for the TED and Cincinnati collaboration!

The following are just a couple of my personal favorites from the TED talks archives:







Tons more inspirational and awe-inspiring talks can be found here: TED WEBSITE

Are you familiar with the TED talks? Do you have a favorite video? I'd love for you to share in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment