Sunday, August 8, 2010

"I Love You More" Series

Here are two more paintings in the series I'm working on called, "I Love You More". I'm really loving this series and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

The "...All of the Fish in the Ocean" was really fun to do because I painted the background crazy, bright, colorful designs and wrote "I love you" all over it in marker. Then I made outlines of fish shapes and painted blue around them so the bright colorful-ness showed through and created the colorful fishies. I also like that here and there you can see "i love you" messages show through the paint.


The "...All of the Grains of Sand..." painting was the first time I used the Golden Coarse Pumice Gel  medium. You mix the medium with the paint your using and it takes on those color properties and gives it the texture of sand. I also wanted the "sand" to be most of the painting to show a huge desert expanse. I think it turned out pretty cute.

1 comment:

  1. eee talk about inspiration! Your blog is lovely! AND I hate it too when someone ruins the end of a movie! When we went to see Up in the Air the old man who tears tickets totally gave the ending away! I was so bummed.

    ReplyDelete