Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Couple of New Art Journal Pages




       On this page I experimented with layering white over colors. I liked some of the black details but then got a little out of control, haha. Lesson learned! It was still a lot of fun.


       This page was an experiment with oil pastels. It's not complete in this photo but you get the idea. I really like the warm colors (reds, oranges, yellows...) and the black line drawing on top.


       On the right side of the journal page above I put my hand print, just for the heck of it. As I was painting my palm I had a memory of kindergarten come flooding back when all of the kiddies in my school painted their hands and decorated the cafeteria wall. It was that familiar "tickley" feeling. Weird how the mind works...

    

       This is a page from a new art journal I've started that is more of a scrapbook. I've never been great at the traditional type of scrapbook like my sister, Jen, is but I figure if I were to put memories on pages and doodle like crazy, then THAT would be my type of scrapbook!
       Kyle and I have been collecting things individually since the beginning of our relationship (ticket stubs, receipts, photos, etc.)  and we also like to reminisce about our earlier dates. I figured one day we will start to forget the little details we love so much, and start losing our collected items, so I wanted to put them all in a journal as a "Story of Us".
       The right-hand page has a short summary of our individual reactions to the first mention of a blind date as well as what we were doing at the time. I really like the direction the project itself is going... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment