Saturday, May 29, 2010

I Graduated!

WOOHOO!! Well, after a long, hard year of studying, classes, clinicals, and more studying, I am officially a graduate from the Cincinnati School of Medical Massage!! Yesterday was our graduation ceremony, held at the Holiday Inn in Sharonville (classy! hehe). It was nice to hear our teachers and administrators say nice and inspirational words at the ceremony. My always supportive aunt, Rose, and my wonderful boyfriend, Kyle were my two guests at the ceremony. It's kind of sad to know that it was the last time I'll ever see some of the people in my class but I also know that resources like Facebook will keep us connected.

Two surprises that came from the graduation ceremony were:
#1. I had the highest grade in my class! I knew I had done well but I didn't know they were going to announce some of our grades and recognize us for our achievement. I ended the year with a 98%! Woo!
#2. There's another incentive to do well! The director of the school made a promise that whoever earns a100% on the Ohio Medical Board Exam in either section (Massage or Anatomy) will get a dinner for two on him at any restaurant in the city. I would LOVE to take my sweetie to the Precinct so I guess I better get to studying! :)

"What's Next?" you ask!? Well, I take my board exam on June 15th so until them, I'm focusing on studying. After that, and a short vacation to celebrate, I plan to look for part-time work in a spa or salon while getting back into the swing of things with creating more artwork! Keep you posted on my progress!

My Diploma!

Me receiving my diploma

Getting a hug from Bill- AWESOME teacher!

Me and my peeps! L to R: Aaron, Kimberly, Me, Todd

Rose and Me

Me and Kyle <3

1 comment:

  1. Meg, glad to see the hiatus is up, again. The highest grades in the class!! Looks like good looks aren't the only thing that runs in the family, brains too!! We love you and are proud of you! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete