Sunday, February 1, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

1. Sleeping is one of my favorite past times.
2. I love jeans. I could sleep in jeans. I think they go with everything and I think they should count as "business casual".
3. I save a lot of things. Funny voicemails, old notes my friends and I used to pass, old magazines, diaries, etc. It's fun to be able to look back at how life was back then, and how my mind worked. Like little time capsules.
4. My family is very close-- literally. I grew up living in a house next door to my grandparents. Now that I've moved back to Cincinnati I live in the house on the other side of my parents' house. My 2 aunts are my roommates. Stressful at times but I wouldn't change it for the world.
5. When I wake up I always want breakfast food. Even if I wake up at 2pm. Having a burger or something for my first meal of the day just doesn't seem right. Eggs for me please!
6. I rarely have socks on that match. My least favorite thing about doing laundry is pairing the socks up afterward. So I usually just grab 2 and go. Who sees your socks anyway?
7. Rodents give me the creeps. I can handle bugs, spiders, snakes, etc. But rats, mice, even gerbils, eew! I think it's a mix between their furry bodies, disgusting tails, and the fact that they can squeeze through a hole the size of a quarter. Squirrels are acceptable though :)
8. I'm trying to start my own art business. It's all I've been focusing on the past couple months and it's the first time that I've actually known for SURE that it's what I want to do. I'm determined to give it a shot, even if I fail miserably.
9. I love food. I love to cook it. I love to eat it. I love to try new dishes. The only food I've ever come across that I don't like are olives. Doesn't matter what color. Gross.
10. I have a huge crush on the president. Something I never thought I'd say.
11. I like drag queens. Not sexually- just in general. I think it's because I love playing with makeup and they take it to a whole new level. Plus, Hedwig and the Angry Inch is one of my favorite movies.
12. I have good taste in movies and terrible taste in TV. I like movies that are artsy, intellectual, makes me think, or are groundbreaking. As for TV, I like trashy reality TV, shows aimed at the "tween" demographic, and Lifetime movie marathons....I'm not ashamed.
13. I go to Trivia Night at a local bar every Monday and it's what gets me through the day. We never win but every week we end the night saying,"Next week is our week! I can feel it!"
14. A dream of mine is to take a road trip across the country, or at least part-way, stopping in little towns to take pictures along the way.
15. I know sign language and wish I had more opportunities to use it. Sometimes I practice by trying to sign the lyrics to songs I hear while I'm driving.
16. I've had many nicknames over the years. "Meggie" from family, "Mokopo" because of my art signature/internet screen name, "Hops" on the volleyball team because I was short but could jump high, "Pokey" at work (short for Pocahontas), but the biggest is still Moogs (and all it's variations). If I don't know you well enough, though, don't call me Moogs. It's just weird.
17. Chances are if I just met you and I'm intoxicated, I will make you my best friend. I don't mean I'll be nice to you and hope to hang out again, I mean I'll literally say, "You're my new best friend!" and I will introduce you as such to everyone at the bar/party. Just go with it...
18. I am a google master. I think it's the greatest invention ever. I can't believe I ever survived without it.
19. I can never decide on a favorite color because I think they all look better when they're next to each other. Like in a pack of markers. Or on a color wheel. I guess my favorite color would be "rainbow" or "spectrum" or something like that...
20. I love greeting cards but I'm really bad about sending them. I'll find the perfect card, write a clever message inside, and then never get around to sending it. I'm also bad about sending Thank You cards.
21. The first concert I ever saw was the New Kids on the Block. The last one I saw was Rod Stewart.
22. I have a profile on MySpace but I have no idea how to use it, so I never do.
23. I would marry Jim Carrey right now if he asked.
24. The weekend of the OSU/Michigan game my senior year of college is one of, if not the #1, greatest times of my life.
25. I feel unbelievably lucky to have family that are more like friends, and friends that are more like family.

1 comment:

  1. I want to be like you when I grow up. I love you so much and I think you are AMAZING! Thank you for inspiring me. :)

    ReplyDelete